Experiencing The Amazing Raptor Platform
If I told you that that there is a inflatable fishing platform that turns into a perfectly safe floating home, a portable dock, or a safe haven for the apocalypse, then you probably wouldn’t believe me. The Raptor Platform does seem too good to be true, but it is very much a reality!
They are manufactured by the company called Raptor Boats and are a wonderful new innovation which has multiple functions and uses. It was originally designed as a floating fishing platform but can be put to multiple other uses.<o:p></o:p>
The platforms are simply designed and can be inflated or deflated for easy transportation. It’s made from 5 different pieces; 4 air deck parts of 2.00mtr x 2.00mtr and 20cm and a thick surrounding tube part with a diameter of 50cm. They can easily fit into truck beds or larger vehicles. The platforms have a pretty basic design. The whole thing is a large, square tube platform connected with air decks in the middle.
They are very durable and can hold up to 3,500 lbs, which is sufficient to carry multiple people along with their luggage and supplies. There are D-rings which can be glued in for mounting your own tent, thus turning it into a mobile floating home. It’s an island-sized buoy which is available in three sizes; the medium which is 11ft x 9ft, large which is 15.5ft x 11 ft, and extra large, 16.5ft x 16.5ft.<o:p></o:p>
The Raptor Platform has the following features:<o:p></o:p>
· Handgrips around the tubes. <o:p></o:p>
· Top parts of air decks covered with an extra layer of 1.0mm anti-slippery material. <o:p></o:p>
· 15 D-rings for mounting your own tent.<o:p></o:p>
· Surrounding tube part containing 4 air chambers and 2 overpressure valves.<o:p></o:p>
· Total weight is around 120kg (divided into 5 pieces).<o:p></o:p>
· Total outer size of 5mtr x 5mtr.<o:p></o:p>
· Total inner size of 4mtr x 4mtr.<o:p></o:p>
· Maximum weight capacity of 100kg per m2.<o:p></o:p>
· The repair kit contains glue, valve key, valves, pressure valves, PVC patches, which can be used to install a bigger two-person tent or bivy.<o:p></o:p>
The Water drainage system involves the water flowing through the air decks back to the lake/river. For inflating the Raptor Platform it would be best to employ two high-pressure air pumps. It costs around $2999 and is available here.